Hair loss for women can prove to be devastating, and unfortunately it is estimated that six out of twelve women suffer some degree of hair loss.
Listed below are the most common causes of hair loss in women:-
- emotional stress
- physical stress – surgery, anemia, rapid weight loss, illness
- thyroid imbalance
- hormonal imbalance – menopause, pregnancy
Whilst you may be feeling uneasy at the possibility of loosing your hair seeking hair loss advice from a professional will be reassuring and comforting. Bear in mind there are a number of treatment options available to you. It is important to find a hair care treatment that will address your individual needs and provide an effective solution.
Some natural hair loss prevention steps include:
- exercise – important for maintaining health and vitality. Exercise can also help in restoring a hormonal imbalance.
- relaxation techniques – yoga and meditation.
- diet and supplements – eating a diet packed with fresh raw fruit and vegetable, nuts and foods high in vitamins A, B, E and C. A Omega 3 fatty acid supplement is also advisable.
- alcohol and tobacco – limiting or eliminating your intake of both has many advantages.
- herbal remedies – parsley seeds, catnip, rosemary,jojoba oil, nettle, sage, mallow root and aloe vera can all aid in hair loss prevention. A consultation with a homeopath can also help with hair loss advice.
Topical Medicines – copper peptides and minoxidil are popular hair loss remedies, and usually need to be used for approximately six months before seeing any noticeable results.
The Weave – extensions are woven into the existing hair. The extensions can be made from either synthetic fibers or natural hair. It is important to note that this treatment can be very expensive and may not be an option for everyone.