Easy healthy meals
Easy healthy meals are often considered hard to cook. In this modern life, we all are in a hurry. We often find ourselves amid a torturous routine of tight schedules and deadlines. We have to please our boss and at the same time cook delicious meals for our family members. But our busy and hectic life hardly leaves us with time for cooking. We cannot afford to spend much time in the kitchen since we have other duties to attend to. We often try to save time by cooking something that takes less time but in all that we may end up compromising with the healthiness of the food we have prepared. So we are badly in need of some quick, easy to prepare healthy meal recipes. In this article, we will help you out by presenting some awesome recipes for easy healthy meals
Easy healthy meals: Why should we eat healthy?
Easy healthy meals are prepared keeping in mind the nutrients requirement of your body. Such meals can give your body the necessary nourishment thereby helping the cells, organs of body function normally. Your vitality and strength increases if you eat healthy and that optimizes your general well being. Therefore for a hale and hearty and disease-free life you should eat healthy meals.
Easy healthy meals: Some important tips
Here are some important tips associated with easy healthy meals:
- Don’t go for food items that are loaded with creamy sauces or spicy gravies
- Eat fresh rather than tinned or canned
- Incorporate plenty of green leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet
- Try to cook with low-fat cooking oils, like Olive Oil or Canola Oil
Easy healthy meals: The Recipes
1. Green pizza
Ingredients: Whole wheat pizza dough (1 pound), chopped broccoli (2 cups), water (1/4 cup), chopped arugula (6 cups), prepared pesto (1/2 cup), shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup), salt and ground pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Smear a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Roll out dough in to discs, put on the baking sheet and bake until the discs turn puffy and crispy
- Cook broccoli and argula in water until they turn tender and crisp. Use salt and pepper for seasoning
- Spread pesto over the baked pizza discs, top with broccoli-argula mixture, sprinkle cheese and bake until the cheese melts
This recipe is rich in calcium, Vitamin A & C
2. Mexican cucumber and carrot meal salad
Ingredients: Sliced cucumber (1), baby carrots (8 ounce), juice of 1 lime, chili powder (1 teaspoon), salt (1/4 teaspoon), a pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a pan mix cucumber, baby carrots, lime juice, salt, chilly powder and cayenne pepper
- Toss to mix all ingredients evenly
- Your salad is ready for serving
3. Vanilla berry parfaits
Ingredients: Vanilla yoghurt (8 ounce), frozen berries (10 ounce), crushed wafers (2 tablespoon), ground nutmeg (1/8 teaspoon)
- Take 2 glasses and put vanilla yoghurt, then make a second layer out of berries, make a third layer out of crackers and lastly sprinkle nutmeg.
Healthy appetizers make a healthy start to a meal so always look for some healthy appetizer recipes prior to meal.Eating healthy meals can keep numerous ailments at bay. Try out these recipes for easy healthy meals at home and give your friends and family a pleasant surprise.