Hypothyroidism is a complicated word for a simple problem: an underactive thyroid. Perhaps simple isn’t the right word, because it’s important to diagnose and treat it early.
If left undetected or untreated, hypothyroidism can be life-threatening. The thyroid gland is responsible for producing three hormones: T-3, T-4 and Calcitonin.
Without the production of these essential hormones, your body can’t function as it was meant to.
This can lead to all sorts of health issues, such as weight gain, depression, dry skin, slow thought processes and muscle weakness.
Prevalent With Women Over 50
Although anyone can get hypothyroidism at any time in their life, it is more prevalent among women, especially those over 50. You are also at a greater risk if someone in your family suffers from an autoimmune disease.
Risk factors also increase for those who have an iodine deficiency, and those who have been given radiation treatment for an overactive thyroid condition.
Hypothyroidism is diagnosed using blood tests and analyzing symptoms. It can be difficult to diagnose because most of the symptoms could be caused by any number of conditions. Many doctors treat this condition with supplements that produce the hormones that your thyroid can no longer produce.
The problem with this is that these supplements will have to be taken for the rest of the patient’s life. The thyroid stops producing the hormones altogether and basically shuts down while the supplements take over.
Other treatments can include hormone replacement therapy, which can have ill side effects. Medication may also be prescribed for other symptoms such as depression.
Causes Of Hypothyroidism
So, is there a way to cure hypothyroidism naturally? The answer is a resounding YES. Once you understand what causes this condition, you can treat the condition without resorting to drugs or therapy; and there are many things that may cause hypothyroidism.
- fluoride (found in toothpaste, tap water, and even cereals)
- processed foods
- Teflon non-stick pans
Curing hypothyroidism is not a quick or easy process, but it can be done with plenty of self-discipline and motivation. There are things you’ll need to change in your diet and your lifestyle.
- Eliminate soy products from your diet: Soy has been proven to suppress the thyroid function and create hormone imbalances.
- Follow an alkaline diet: This is important for anyone who is trying to cure a chronic disease. There are charts and resources online that you can find to learn about foods that are less alkaline/acidic.
- Exercise: Without daily exercise, you will never achieve optimal health. A regular exercise routine can cure your condition in half the time.
- Get rid of the fluoride: This has been known to suppress the thyroid function, and should be avoided. Don’t drink soda, throw away your Teflon non-stick pans and drink purified water. Find toothpaste that does not have added fluoride.
- Eat clean: Eat foods that have not been processed; fruits, vegetables lean meats and whole grains are good choices. Try to buy organic if you can. Throw away the white flour, white breads and corn syrup. If it comes in a box, leave it on the grocery store shelf.
- Pears: These can help to balance hormones, particularly in women. Try to eat one a day.
- Coconut oil: Take 1 tsp a day; this can help increase your metabolism.
- Red marine algae: This can raise your iodine levels naturally.
Follow these tips for at least one year, and you will start to see changes in how your body looks and feels. Your thyroid gland will start working again and producing the necessary hormones it needs for your body to function properly again. Getting healthy is not easy and it takes some work, but it is well worth it.
Want To Treat Your Hypothyroidism and Increase Your Energy?
A lot of people who thought that they “will never treat their hypothyroidism”, did exactly just that with the help of the popular and effective “e-book” called: The Hypothyroidism Solution Ebook™.
The Author, Duncan Capicchiano, is a Fully Qualified Naturopath and Full Member of the Australian Natural Medicine Society claims that anyone can treat their hypothyroidism naturally without using any drugs.
One of the E-book’s success stories stated:
Duncan, I have found your ebook really good, easy to follow and it makes a lot of sense. It has given me a guide to follow, and I have learnt a lot about my condition that I never could have got from my doctor.
The indications are that I am better. I have lost all of 7 kilos (15 pounds), and the dry itchy skin has all healed. My hands had been dry and cracked and getting infected for about 7 months, and there is not a sign of it now. -Pauline Food (Vermont South, Victoria, Australia)
You definitely won’t find this in any bookstore or shopping mall but if you’ve tried everything and nothing has worked then this might be the best option you have to treating your hypothyroidism.