Sleep apnea, as a very dangerous sleep disorder in U.S, it is affecting millions of people. It is a state where the breathing of a person is disrupted frequently in sleep. A person suffering from this condition will stop breathing for some seconds while sleeping and these episodes repeat during the night.The sleep apnea robs the human body of sleep and oxygen. This disease can get worse if it is not treated properly.
Sleep apnea may seem like nothing more than a nuisance, but it can, in fact, be deadly. It deprives you of oxygen, and of proper sleep, which can lead you to workplace or motorway accidents. Here are 6 symptoms of sleep apnea:
- Feeling tired all the day – falling asleep doing activities like driving, eating, and talking.
- While your asking your partner about your sleep habits, ask them if they hear silences during your sleep. This may sound odd, but silence, followed by gasping or snoring can indicate the actual cessation of breath that is sleep apnea.
- You have headaches throughout the day. Fact: Over half of people confirmed to have sleep apnea have constant headaches throughout the day.
- Snore loudly. It is reported that almost all people with sleep apnea snore.
- For no apparent reason, you often wake up during the night choking or gasping for breath.
- Wake up at night gasping for air or have night time choking spells.
If you or your children have any of the 6 sleep apnea symptoms above, then you may need to see a sleep doctor. Usually, these doctors will probably send you to an overnight sleep study, which will show them what type of sleep apnea you have, and will allow them to begin to map out a treatment plan for you. Through reasonable treatment, you can get a good sleep sooner or later.